What is Carrot?Last Updated: October 03, 2018
Welcome to Carrot! We're so glad you're here.
Let's get started!
This overview will describe how Carrot works, and how you and your team can get the most value out of it. It also includes a Quickstart guide.
Keeping your team focused on what matters is simple with Carrot:
- Key announcements, updates, and decisions stay visible and organized;
- Your posts will spark more meaningful discussions that give you insight into what your team is thinking, and provide everyone with more context about what’s happening; and,
- You’ll know who’s in the loop and that you’re being heard.
What is Carrot?
Carrot is a team communication tool that helps leaders to communicate more effectively with their teams. With Carrot, leadership communication rises above noisy channels to keep distributed teams aligned.
It’s especially tough for leaders to be heard in the age of Slack because key announcements, updates, and decisions get lost in fast conversations.
Carrot keeps key communications visible and organized so it’s easy to get caught up without worrying you missed something. It sparks more meaningful discussions, also makes sure you’re being heard.
Teams are empowered with the information they need to make better decisions and stay aligned.
Carrot makes it easy for your team to browse and view the latest key announcements, updates, and decisions from company and team leaders.
To see everything, click on “All posts” in navigation. This is your team's main stream of posts as they are posted. It's is easy to browse, and you can open up the posts you'd like to read or watch. You can also react, comment, and ask questions on each post in the stream.
If you’d like to filter your view, you have the following options:
- Must see - only show the most important posts
- Sections - only show posts related to this category, e.g., “Design”
- Drafts - only show me my private drafts that haven’t been posted yet for the team
It’s also easy to find what you’re looking for with Search at the top of the screen.
To learn more about Carrot on mobile, visit this Quickstart guide article..
Add a new post
Starting a new post is fast - with text or video. Choose which section (i.e., category) this post belongs, then post it. It’s now available in the All Posts stream for others on the team to see.
Here are some details about Adding a post.
Carrot comes alive when you invite your team to join you. You can invite your team by URL, email, or Slack.
When you invite someone to join your team, you can assign one of three roles:
- Admin: can edit posts and invite others; manages team and billing
- Contributor: can edit posts and invite others
- Viewer: cannot edit posts, but can add comments and reactions to a post
For more information, visit Invite People in the Quickstart guide.
Connect to Slack
Using Slack? It's easy to connect Carrot to Slack so posts are automatically shared to the appropriate Slack channel. Your team can also join the discussion right from Slack — Carrot keeps it all in sync.
Carrot has a Free plan and a paid Team plan. Teams over 100 users can also talk with us about an Enterprise plan
The free plan is available for teams of up to 10 people. It’s fast to sign up, and no credit card is required.
The Team plan doesn’t limit file sizes or storage, and includes some premium features, such as:
- In-app video recording: Don’t feel like writing? Record a quick video instead.
- Recurring updates: Schedule weekly and monthly updates to build consistency.
- Advanced permissions: Add private sections for invited members only.
- Viewership: Make sure you’re being heard, and know who’s seen your post.
Visit our public roadmap on Trello to see what’s in the works. Plus, we’d love to hear your ideas for improving Carrot!
If you have a Trello account, you can vote and comment on the features you care about the most. If you don't see what you're looking for, you can also add new ideas to the Feedback card.
Don't have a Trello account? Email us email@example.com to let us know what you're looking for. We're building Carrot for you, so we live off of your feedback and ideas. Big or small, we're happy to talk or chat anytime to learn more about how you're using Carrot, or how you'd like to use it.